Dr. Kecia M. Ashley is a business owner, academic scholar and published author who mentors young men and women throughout the country. She comes from a family of educators and has been in the field of education for over 20 years as a teacher, school and district-level administrator, college professor and educational consultant. Dr. Ashley serves her community by volunteering in her spare time and sharing a message of hope with focus on physical and emotional self-care. She has a passion for empowering women and men to experience success professionally, spiritually, physically, socially, and financially. Currently, Dr. Ashley is developing programs to inspire people everywhere to follow their dreams of being entrepreneurs, furthering their education, and overcoming obstacles in order to fulfill their purpose in life.
Among her numerous recognitions for contributions in the field of education, Dr. Ashley is the recipient of the The Phenomenal Faces of Greatness Recognition by The Flora Pearl Foundation for her work as an educational mentor. Additionally, she was recently recognized with the Life Unlimited award from Zija International in 2015, and was a nominee for Entrepreneur of the Year at the 2014 Alabama Black Achievers Gala sponsored by State Representative Oliver Robinson and Regions Bank.
Originally a native of Mississippi, Dr. Ashley lives in Birmingham, Alabama.
- Gather Your Pearls: Mastering Disappointment, Fear and the Desire to Quit
- Pearls for God’s Daughter: Embracing the Winner Within You
- Peeling Back the Onion
- The Leader in You: 12 Success Tips for Teens
- Walking in Purpose
- Mastering fear, disappointment and the desire to quit
- Discovering who you are
- What it means to be God’s Daughter
- Healthy self-esteem / building self-confidence
- The power of positive connections
- Embracing change
- Empowering youth to experience success, both in school and daily life